Japanese

The Relationship between Functional Impairments and Activities of Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Michiko Morimoto 1 , Kenichi Takai 2 1Faculty of Health Science, Okayama University Medical School 2Department of Nursing, Faculty of Health and Welfare Science, Okayama Prefectural University Keyword: 機能障害 , 活動 , 慢性閉塞性肺疾患 , functional impairment , activity , chronic obstructive pulmonary disease pp.13-20
Published Date 2004/4/30
  • Abstract
  • Reference
  • Cited by

Abstract

 The purpose of this study was to identify the correlation between functional impairments and activities in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) patients, to determine the area of abilities affected by functional impairments. The subjects consisted of 86 patients with diagnostic criteria for COPD. Using a Multiple Indicator Multiple Cause Model, the functional impairments contribution rates to “self-care activity”, “domestic activity”, “outdoor activity” and “social interaction activity” were 52.5 %, 74.0 %, 72.4 % and 45.6 %, respectively, thus indicating that functional impairments have a strong effect on “domestic activity” and “outdoor activity”. On the other hand, since 59.0 % of functional impairments can be explained by the degree of pulmonary obstructive disorder, the degree of shortness of breath and nutritional state, the results also demonstrated that the remaining 41.0 % are related to other factors. These findings suggest that in order to maintain or improve the QOL of COPD patients it is advisable that nursing intervention begins by assessing their abilities to perform “domestic activity” and “outdoor activity”.


Copyright © 2004, Japan Academy of Nursing Science. All rights reserved.

基本情報

電子版ISSN 2185-8888 印刷版ISSN 0287-5330 日本看護科学学会

関連文献

もっと見る

文献を共有